Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

The beginning is always the hardest...until you get the hang of things

I'm quite excited about my first post on this blog. Truthfully, I've been trying to get into the habit of blogging again. I'm afraid the last time I blogged was during the summer on a separate account. When I entered TPTE 486, I was a little apprehensive about the technological challenges I might face. So far though, everything's been pretty accessible. I'm really looking forward to this class and expanding my technological capabilities. 


As far as class expectations go, I don't really have that many. One expectation I have for the class is communication between the students and the instructor, which doesn't seem to be a problem. I guess an obvious expectation would be to improve my use of technology. Really though, on a more detailed note, I don't want to just learn the basics to get by; I want to really immerse myself with technology.


At the same time, it would be nice if we, as a class, were to effectively collaborate on projects. In almost every subject, everyone has to participate in a group project. I've had my share of both pleasant and frustrating group project experiences. With this class, the bar seems to be set higher. Every person in the class is looking towards a career in education or an area similar to that. Consequently, it helps to know that your classmates are invested in their assignments and projects. If we can all learn to work together, that would be great.

Feedback is another expectation for this class, and that goes both ways. I think constructive feedback from the instructor can really show everyone where our weaknesses lie and how we can best enhance our strengths. In return, it's only fair that students voice their feedback regarding the instructor's teaching style, whether that be in the form of face-to-face conversations, emails, or surveys.

Overall, I think the most important expectation for this class is that I'm able to really challenge and push myself outside my comfort zone. If I say I want to learn something, I can't be afraid of the challenge that's given to me. Someone told me that everything worth anything in life requires a little hard work, and this class isn't an exception. It doesn't hurt that our instructor is willing to give us an extra push, so I think we're all in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment