Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

My first wiki creation

Overall, the wiki assignment was relatively simple, nothing too complicated involved. I am very glad that I did not encounter any difficulties with adding my pictures to my wiki. I thought that my pictures looked a little odd formatting-wise, but the process of adjusting and cropping my pictures weren't that hard.

The things I found that went well with creating my wiki was the ease of adding pictures. However, I feel like there could be a better way to format them in the actual wikis. Another thing I found went well was the ease of being able to go back into my wiki and edit any further content I felt needed fixing.

I noticed that when I edited my wiki page, the paragraphs in my blank space looked different from the actual link posted on the homepage. However, I have seen this difference before so it doesn't bother me that much. Still, if I had monitored the discrepancy between the actual text amount I would have added some more information. In the future, I would probably add more text on my page. Also, I would add more pictures and also do a better job of editing my pictures.

As a teacher, I plan to use the wiki tool as a way of posting information about myself to my students. Like what was stated in class, I think the wiki would be a good way to learn who everyone in your classroom is, so I would probably use this tool for introductory purposes.

At the same time, I would like to use a wiki for more classroom assignments, such as posting study guides and listing vocabulary and reading assignments. Further, I would like to use wikis in a way that would promote collaboration between student groups. To that same effect, I would like to use wikis as a means of communication between colleagues for different assignments or school events that are being planned. Another cool option would be to use wikis for virtual field trips in the event that a live fieldtrip could not be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment