Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

More about me

I am from Knoxville, Tennessee. For the first few years of my life, my family and I traveled around the country for my mom's work. When I was three, I moved to Knoxville and have grown up here since.

I went Gibbs High School in Corryton and partcipated in Link-Up, a mentoring program to help freshmen, and the National Honor Society. My first year of college, I attended Southern Adventist University before transferring to UT fall of 2009.

The best explanation I can give for wanting to teach is that I enjoy working with kids, and I would love to see them thrive both inside and outside the classroom. My minor is in elementary education, and I am scheduled to intern fall of 2014 in the Urban/Multicultural program. I have now decided that I absolutely love working with younger kids than I do with older ones, and what I would really love to do is work as an esl teacher in the elementary grades. If I can, I would really love to gain experience in the literacy field and use my experience in literacy to help esl learners.

In my spare time, I enjoy brisk walks and spending time with my family and dog. I'm an English nerd, so I love to write and love to write even more. I enjoy doing service projects, such as helping at the Salvation Army. I'm involved with my church and also with our collegiate ministry we have on campus, Advent House.

No comments:

Post a Comment