Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Expanding our use and knowledge of web tools



So this week, I was paired with a classmate to create a new wiki page. My partner, Caroline, and I will create a wiki page on pbworks based on our web tool, Delicious. Delicious is a web tool that really facilitates the use of bookmarks. The website is divided into three categories- bookmarks,
people, and tags, making it easier for users to find their desired content.

I rely on the use of bookmarks for everyday organization, so I'm excited about using Delicious. I forgot to mention that Caroline and I will be making an in-class presentation on our wiki page. Also, our wiki page must have four components- 1) an overview 2) instructions on how to use our web tool 3) its uses in the classroom and 4) an artifact.

I'm a little nervous because we are still in the "researching" phase of our project and our presentation is on the 21st. We decided on Wednesday that we wanted to create our wiki page in a way that integrated both American Sign Language and English, our areas of interest.

So far, I've found several bookmarks for american sign language, but not so much for english. I would say that one of the biggest and most integral parts to complete this project is collaboration. We discussed the project in class, but we really should communicate more outside of class, since there’s only so much we can discuss in class.

I've now seen how you can edit content on pbworks' homepage. Still, I'm a little nervous about the editing process because I’ve never edited a page that way before. All in all though, I think this project will be an enjoyable one that won't cause us too much stress. I'm willing to open my mind and expand my comfort zone, so that should make the experience easier for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment