Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Regulating productivity and managing efficiency

This week, I am like a duck-calm on the surface but busy busy underneath. I have add so much to do in class this week! Of course, there is the Resource Wiki that must absolutely be done by tomorrow. I've checked and double-checked my project against the rubric and it looks like everything's in good shape so far. I've edited my writing, made sure all the links worked, and checked that the font and format are consistent. The resource wiki has definitely been one of the longer projects we've had to work on, just because of the collaboration across all the different sections in the class. It was a lot of work, but the effort has been worth it. It helps to see an example of the project's end result, so that helped a lot too.

As far as our Inspiration project, I am still in the beginning phases. At first, I wanted to use Kidspiration and do a character map with James and The Giant Peach, but I have to use Inspiration, so I'm looking at the state standards for 6th or 7th grade to generate ideas for my project. At this point, I'm torn between doing a character map or an idea or concept map. I think after reading the state standards more carefully I will have a better idea of what I want to do.

I'm really learning a lot with these projects. It seems that they require a lot of my time, effort, and energy. Indeed, the tasks can become a bit tedious at times, but the overall goal is that you are equipping your students with numerous technological tools that will facilitate the learning experience. Plus, the fact that you're using technology in the classroom gives you all these different outlets, gives you more creativity. It also makes learning fun, which is a great helper in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment