Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Hardest Project Yet


I'm cutting it really close tonight. The deadline is midnight, and I will admit I've slacked a bit. This week we had to create an iMovie. It wasn't so bad at the beginning, but later on it was very difficult for me to complete my movie. I would say my number one problem this time around was that I did not dedicate enough time to doing it. I really was short on time this week and had other things I had to do, but it's still not an excuse. So when I created my iMovie on my laptop it kept "crashing." That is, my audio wouldn't play at certain times and I had trouble dragging and dropping. However, I discovered that most of what was happening was due to my own lack of common sense.

I think I might have had to close certain application while I was working on my iMovie. Another issue was that I kept having to add images and make my transitions and clips longer. I think that with this project I was a bit sparse. Other than that though, once I started making my movie I actually enjoyed it a lot. Also, I enjoyed being able to play around with all the different effects.

As a teacher, I can see so many uses for creating an iMovie. However, it is definitely a project that you must plan ahead for! I kind of learned that the hard way. I think the examples shown in class are great ideas for use in the classroom. I would use an iMovie for an "All About Me" video. Another use would be for a movie/book trailer for english arts, since I really want to teach reading. Also, the topic of my iMovie, Learning About the Philippines, would be a great media tool for history/social studies. I believe that an iMovie can be a good ice breaker. At the same time, it can help students creatively by working on projects, as well as boost their levels of confidence when using technology.

If I had to do a repeat on this project, I would definitely storyboard, storyboard, storyboard. This is very important for a project like this, and for me, I had to learn to be more elaborate in my details. My film ended being a little on the short side, so I realized that having too much can sometimes be better than having too little. Also, planning ahead and not "guessing" at how much time you think you'll need. I thought I would be able to complete this project quickly. However, with technology, you never know what will happen, and I had to "roll with the punches," so to speak because I was so short on time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment